Monday 19 January 2015

Today!

Today it is sunny, with left over snow on the ground.





These are OH 's  chillies which are still going and we are still enjoying them! This year we are going to grow twice as many and he will look after them.

This is the semi tidy back door step
 These are our newish hens Goldie and Pitch, Black Rocks,had them since the summer? The others went to my sister and have very recently been devoured by a fox! I wasn't that upset as they were   3 pretty silly marans that wanted to sit in next doors hedge and never come out. And I would have had them for my lunch if they had not gone to my sister's field.
Always wanting what the other has!
Standing on the food!
Enjoying the worms I have given them,  I like to trick them!
 I thought it was warmer than this when I went out but still very cold 0o C.on the car thermometre.
The green house after my clean up and prune of the grape last week. Very proud as looking at last year's photos I did this in late April  last year !
My wasabi plants in the greenhouse, glad I moved them in they are not looking good. The one plant has had it's leaves completely nibbled whereas the other two fine. ? Slug or a very discerning mouse. 
 This is my flower bed area of the garden where last year I left it to do it's own thing. Not good. I need to tame it this year and get it looking good.
The hen coop with pitch 
The veg patch and orchard in which I grew only a few french beans and of course only got a handful. I have the black plastic on and trying to rid it of weeds for my assault on it this year. Potatoes and broad beans! I think.
 This is looking at the lawn and rockery with my dear hen Pitch. Today has been very cold and it is midday and still 0 Degrees!
New view - looking up towards the house from compost heap. A Bit of a frost trap down here.
Looking the other way.
Raspberry canes. We had some lovely rasps in 2014 , but I tend to eat as I go along so not many get back to the house.
 Clever hen! Not sure which one is laying,think it is Pitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment