Friday 8 January 2016

Books and more books

I went to see Star Wars yesterday and loved every minute of it.
 Whilst there it reminded me of the film Revenant  with Leonardo De Caprio, which is coming out soon. I then thought I ought to read the book before I see it. So I went to the library  well first I went into WH Smiths and saw it there for £7.99 and then remembered why I was going to the library...... To see if they had the book In the library and Yes they did and yes they were just closing and had turned all the ticket machines off so the kind librarian sorted it for me, so yes I have the book for free and until the 29th January. Can't wait to start it.
These are my books I am reading. I obviously am distractable -is that a word? Surely a person should not have so many books on the go.? This is the order of my starting them.
1. The romance of the Colorado River by Frederick S. Dellenbaugh, this is the true story of how an expedition including the 17 year old author  Fred, followed and discovered  the river.
2.Tourmaline by James Brogden. Having read the narrows by JB I thought I should read the next which I am enjoying but got distracted.
3.To be A Queen by Annie Whitehead this is a book written by someone I actually know. I am regaling  with the history of this book, as I was rubbish at school and paid no interest in it now in my later years   I am intrigued by it.
4.The Poet's wife by Judith Allnat. About John Clare the poet. I am reading this for book club  and am struggling but mainly with it having been Christmas and lack of time.I don't  think I am going to get it read for Tursday as I want to read the others and not this one, having  chosen the others and not this one!
 5. Fatherland by Robert Harris. This was another book that has been encouraged by the Cinema. I seem to have got it in my head that this was a film but cannot find that it anywhere and was curious of how Britain would be  if Hitler had won the war. 
6. The Revenant by Michael Punke, the aforementioned book that I am desperate to read NOW. I have till 29th January and before the film comes out.
Oh  I forgot Fresh Eggs by Lisa Steele this is a dip in and out book and my hens benefit every time I read it!

Well what am I to do? Should I  read in order of purchasing the books or read in order of desirability??

7 comments:

  1. Those look like some good books! I'm reading a lot right now and am going through books pretty fast. Have you read Rosamunde Pilcher's books? They're good!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. No not read Rosamunde pilcher, it's no help giving me more ideas I'll never get through these. LOL! I sound very rude, thank you for suggesting her I will add her to my list of next books to read x

      Delete
  2. Hi there! Lovely to meet you! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog!
    Oooh, that's good you can read several books at a time- I find it really hard to do that! I love reading though!!!! I managed 81 books last year which was ok considering my job! I loved Star Wars too!!!
    Re the slippers, they were made by someone either called Seren Ysbrd or that is Welsh for Spirit Star and her email address is info@spiritstar.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you re the slippers info. I have now tracked them down to spirit star in Dinas Mawdyyw. And she is suggesting colours for me, I get such cold feet and just adored them.
      Did you go to the knitting and sewing show I. Harrogate?

      Delete
  3. I would read the books in order of desirability.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.
    Yes, blogging is very time consuming but it is worth it to make so many new friends. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am trying to set a time so I read and reply and post. Thank you for popping by over here x

      Delete
  4. I think you should read them in any order you please! They'll all get read at some point won't they?! You could join in with The Year in Books if you fancy, I posted about it early in January so you can find all the details on that post if you want to know more.

    Thanks for the comment earlier - glad you enjoyed the Long Tailed Tits :)

    ReplyDelete